Monday, 19/2/2018 | : : UTC-5
Harker Heights Evening Star
Harker Heights Evening Star

Bush’s Chicken found not responsible for man’s death in 2012

Bush’s Chicken found not responsible for man’s death in 2012

Harker Heights Evening Star

In a recent lawsuit, Bush’s Chicken was found not responsible for the 2012 death of a Killeen man.
On Monday, a jury found the restaurant chain innocent of culpability for Morris Scurry’s death. Scurry’s widow, Angela filed the wrongful death lawsuit in 2014, claiming her husband contracted Campylobacter poisoning from chicken and died. Campylobacter is a bacterium that causes infections in farm animals and humans.
According to the lawsuit, Scurry ordered chicken strips from the drive-thru and became sick that evening. He was in and out of the hospital for a month with health issues before he died in December 2012.
Corey Bush, President & COO of Bush’s Chicken, attended the week-long jury trial and was called to give testimony. The jury began deliberations on Friday and continued on Monday before the restaurant was absolved.
“For 20 years Bush’s Chicken has provided Central Texas with outstanding service and safe products to our loyal customers,” said Bush. “Although we are delighted in the jury’s verdict, we offer our sympathy to the Scurry family for their loss.”

About

Contact Us

Phone: 254-939-5754

Fax: 254-939-2333

Address: 210 N. Penelope St, Belton, TX 76513